Site Technician/ Site Supervisors – Geomembrane Installers
Due to the expansion of our civil engineering division, we have current vacancies for Site technicians and Supervisors, based within a 15 mile radius of the Colchester/Bury St Edmunds area and within a 15 miles radius of Portlethen, Aberdeen.
We manufacture, supply and install bespoke specialist liquid and gas containment lining systems for construction/civil engineering projects, including reservoirs, lakes, lagoons, attenuation ponds and gas membranes.
Key duties include:
- Cutting and positioning of plastic and rubber based materials for on-site jointing.
- Welding and testing of geomembrane lining systems, typically LLDPE and HDPE to achieve current industry standards.
- Liaising with contractors to assist site supervisor in successfully completing contracts.
- Abiding by company Quality Standards and Health & Safety Policy.
The successful candidate must:
- Be reliable.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated.
- Be fit – work is physically demanding with some heavy lifting involved.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Be prepared to travel extensively throughout the UK.
- Ideally have some experience in the construction industry, although full training for welding and testing geomembranes will be given.
- Have a CSCS card or be prepared to sit the basic level touch screen exam.
- Be prepared to work hours that suit the site program and willing to work away from home. This is a prerequisite of the position.
Career progression available to the right candidate.
Permanent full-time position.
Competitive rates of pay including travel time, 5 weeks holiday per annum + Bank Holidays, Life Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, Full Sick Pay Scheme.